|類型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc
Creighton, Joanne V., 1942-
Joyce Carol Oates.
New York : Twayne, ©1992
|提及的人：||Joyce Carol Oates; Joyce Carol Oates; Joyce Carol Oates; Joyce Carol Oates; Joyce Carol Oates; Oates, Joyce Carol <1938-> - Critique et interprétation.; Joyce Carol Oates|
Joanne V Creighton
|描述：||xv, 142 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||The I, which doesn't exist, is everything --
Holy and Unholy Loves: God, Art, Sex, Goodness --
Genres Reenvisioned --
Dualities of Female Identity --
Author and Other --
Appetites and Bitter Hearts --
Critical Contexts and Contradictions.
|叢書名：||Twayne's United States authors series, TUSAS 597.|
|責任：||Joanne V. Creighton.|
Joyce Carol Oates is one of the most provocative and prolific American writers of the post-World War II era. Her impressive body of work, which consists of twenty three novels, fifteen short story collections, ten volumes of poetry, four plays, and literally hundreds of reviews, scholarly articles, essays, and journalistic pieces, is notable for much more than its sheer bulk. The range, depth and variety of her work, and especially its individuality, have earned her an exalted place in American letters. In this study, Joanne V. Creighton offers the first critical study focused on the middle period of Oates's career. A companion to Creighton's earlier Twayne study, Joyce Carol Oats (1979), this volume picks up where the previous one left off, considering the fifteen novels written between 1977 and 1990. Included in Creighton's analysis are Oates's pseudonymous mystery novels, published under the name Rosamond Smith. The author has benefited from Oates's own response to a first draft of this study, and has ably interpreted the complexities of Oates's work. Creighton's insightful analysis will appeal to all scholars and students of contemporary American literature.
- Oates, Joyce Carol, -- 1938- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Psychological fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Oates, Joyce Carol, -- 1938- -- Critique et interprétation.
- Oates, Joyce Carol, -- 1938-
- Psychological fiction, American.
- Women and literature.
- United States.
- Oates, Joyce Carol, -- (1938- ) -- critique et interprétation.
- Oates, Joyce Carol.
- Oates, Joyce Carol -- 1938- -- Criticism and interpretation
- Psychological fiction, American -- History and criticism
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Oates, Joyce Carol <1938-> - Critique et interprétation.
- Oates, Joyce Carol, -- 1938-.