James Patterson; Andrew Gross
|ISBN:||9780316013932 0316013935 9780316016261 0316016268 9781594833328 159483332X|
|表演者：||Read by Joe Mantegna.|
|描述：||421 pages ; 25 cm|
|其他題名：||Judge and jury|
|責任：||James Patterson and Andrew Gross.|
FBI agent Nick Pellisante has finally done the impossible: captured Mob boss Dominic Cavello. The jury is selected and Cavello's trial progresses smoothly--it seems the conviction Pellisante is hoping for is within his reach. Several formerly loyal henchmen now sitting in jail strike deals with the prosecution and testify about the savage murders Cavello ordered, and Pellisante takes the stand to detail how Cavello shot two of his colleagues while trying to elude capture. But Cavello has hired Richard Nordeshenko, a methodical and calculating killer, to make sure the trial never concludes. Nordeshenko carries out his plan with brutal efficiency, leaving a wake of devastation in his path. Pellisante is crushed by the abrupt end of the trial and determined to make sure that the retrial isn't similarly derailed, but Cavello and Nordeshenko have an even more diabolical plan in store this time around.
- United States. -- Federal Bureau of Investigation -- Fiction.
- Mafia trials -- New York (State) -- New York -- Fiction.
- Mafia -- New York (State) -- New York -- Fiction.
- Organized crime -- Fiction.
- Women jurors -- Fiction.
- Suspense fiction.
- Mafia trials.
- Organized crime.
- Women jurors.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- United States. -- Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Organized crime -- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Legal stories.
- Mystery fiction.