|類型/形式：||Documentary television programs
Historical television programs
Trials, litigation, etc
Steve Fayer; Angela Bassett; Bernice Johnson Reagon; Charles Johnson; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Educational Foundation.; PBS Video.
|語言註釋：||Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|注意：||Originally broadcast on PBS on October 22, 1998.
Related to: Africans in America : America's journey through slavery / Charles Johnson, Patricia Smith, WGBH Series Research Team.
|餘額：||Director of photography, Michael Chin; editor, Charles Scott; music score, Bernice Johnson Reagon; associate producer, Patricia Garcia Rios.|
|表演者：||Narrator: Angela Bassett.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|叢書名：||Africans in America, 4.; History's best on PBS.|
|其他題名：||Africans in America : America's journey through slavery.
America's journey through slavery.
|責任：||produced for PBS by WGBH Boston ; produced by Llewellyn Smith ; writer, Steve Fayer.|
A four part series portraying the struggles of the African people in America, from their arrival in the 1600s to the last days before the Civil War. In this final episode, as the nation expands westward slavery becomes the most divisive issue in American life. Abolitionists struggle to bring the institution down and the nation is tested as never before. When tensions over slavery erupt into violence, Americans are forced to consider how long the country can continue as a democracy built on the profits of bondage.
- Scott, Dred, -- 1809-1858 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Slavery -- United States -- Public opinion.
- Slavery -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories.
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Slaves -- Emancipation -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Abolitionists -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- African Americans -- History -- To 1863.
- Sectionalism (U.S.)
- United States -- Territorial expansion.
- Constitutional law -- United States -- Philosophy.
- Slave insurrections -- Haiti.
- Slave insurrections -- United States.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Causes.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Documentary television programs.
- Historical television programs.
- Films for the hearing impaired.