Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Early works to 1800|
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Bull, George, 1634-1710.
Judgment of the Catholic Church on the necessity of believing that Our Lord Jesus Christ is very God.
Oxford : J.H. Parker, 1855
|Named Person:||Jesus Christ; Simon Episcopius; Daniel Zwicker; Gilbert Clerke; Jesus Christ|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Language Note:||English translation of Judicium ecclesiae Catholicae.|
|Notes:||Half-title: Bishop Bull's works on the Trinity. Vol. III.
Vols. 1-2. of the "Works on the Trinity," entitled "Defensio Fidei nicænæ : defense of the Nicene Creed" lack half-title page.
"The Defensio Fidei Nicænæ was published in 1865; the Judicium Ecclesiæ Catholicæ in 1695"--Page xii.
The first treatise is written in opposition to the views of Simon Episcopius while the second is in opposition to the Irenicum Irenicorum of Daniel Zwicker.
|Description:||xiii, , 372,  pages ; 23 cm.|
|Series Title:||Library of Anglo-Catholic theology, v. 28.|
|Other Titles:||Judicium ecclesiae Catholicae.
Bishop Bill's works on the Trinity.
Works on the Trinity.
|Responsibility:||by George Bull ; a new translation.|
- Jesus Christ -- Divinity -- Early works to 1800.
- Trinity -- Early works to 1800.
- Fathers of the church -- History and criticism.
- Christian literature, Early -- History and criticism.
- Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600 -- Early works to 1800.
- Episcopius, Simon, -- 1583-1643.
- Zwicker, Daniel, -- 1612-1678. -- Irenicum Irenicorum.
- Clerke, Gilbert, -- 1626-1697? -- Tractatus tres.
- Jesus Christ -- Person and offices -- Early works to 1800.