Suche nach Bibliotheken, die diesen Titel besitzen ...
|Name:||Horace Mann Bond; Julia W Bond; Julian Bond; Julian Bond; Bill Clinton; Charles Evers; James Phillip Hoffa; Joan Little; James Meredith; Barack Obama; Willie Ricks; Clarence Thomas; Jeremiah A Wright, Jr.|
Julian Bond; John Conyers; Howard Dean; Elizabeth Gritter; Edward S Herman; Hasan Kwame Jeffries; Martin Kilson; Genna Rae McNeil; Jack Nelson; Nancy Pelosi; Leon Russell; Esta Klein Seaton
|Beschreibung:||circa 100 items.|
|Andere Titel||A conversation with Julian Bond.
Just give us a light: Freedom School newspapers for intellectual liberation during Mississippi's 1964 freedom summer.
New face of Jim Crow: Voter suppression in America.
The modern civil rights movement in Petersburg, Virginia.
Report on the nomination of Judge Clarence Thomas as Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
The collection also contains photographic highlights from the 98th annual convention of the NAACP, 2007; a preliminary report from the NAACP National Voter Fund Empowerment 2008 GOTV program, 2009; a file from the 2009 Louisville Conference on Literature and Culture Since 1900 which includes material on Julian Bond as a poet, particularly a letter from Esta Seaton and a presentation by Neil Graves; addresses by Martin Kilson on "The Afro-americanization of Lincoln University: Horace Mann Bond's legacy 1945-1957, and "Growing up in two small black communities: Ambler and Penllyn, Pa.; a report "Analytical notes & data on the history of Lincoln University" also by Kilson; a report "The new face of Jim Crow: voter suppression in America" by People for the American Way Foundation, 2006?; opening and closing statements from a Miller Center debate on "The future of affirmative action"; an article "The body, sexuality, and self-defense in State vs. Joan Little, 1974-1975" by Genna Rae McNeil; an interview with Willie Ricks/Mukasa Dada; a report "The modern civil rights movement in Petersburg, Virginia"; a speech by Jack Nelson on the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Division (L.A. Times?); a speech by Hasan Kwame Jeffries "SNCC, black power, and independent political party organizing in Alabama, 1964-1966; an article "Just give us a light: freedom school newspapers for intellectual liberation during Mississippi's 1964 Freedom Summer; an article "Jeremiah Wright in the propaganda system" by Edward S. Herman and David Peterson; and a report on the nomination of Judge Clarence Thomas as Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court , by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Of interest are letters, 2009 Feb. 27, from NAACP Board member Leon Russell informing Bond of being awarded the Spingarn Medal for 2008, a letter from Nancy Pelosi congratulating Bond on the successful 98th NAACP convention; a letter to Howard Dean concerning Michigan and Florida representation at the Democratic National Convention and a miscalculation by the Obama campaign; a speech by Bond at the dedication of the Virginia Civil Rights Memorial in Richmond, Va.; a speech by Bond about growing up at Lincoln University; a speech by Bond on the implacations for the United States of Obama's election "Current '09 Civil rights speech"; an article by Bond "We must persevere" in "Teaching tolerance"; a speech by Bond "In Katrina's wake: racial implications of the New Orleans disaster"; and Elizabeth Gritter's interview with Julian Bond in "Southern Cultures" magazine; a CBS news interview (Curic & Co.) "10 questions for Julian Bond on Civil Rights"; and a copy of the 1968 Georgia Convention Challenge [to Lester Maddox]
Also of interest is program for the funeral service of Julia Washington Bond; a compact disk "A conversation with Julian Bond," 2008; a dlsk of photographs of the 1007 NAACP Convention and a signed photograph of Jimmy Hoffa.
- Bond, Horace Mann, -- 1904-1972.
- Bond, Julia W. -- (Julia Washington) -- Death and burial.
- Bond, Julian, -- 1940-
- Bond, Julian, -- 1940- -- Photographs.
- Clinton, Bill, -- 1946- -- Photographs.
- Evers, Charles, -- 1922- -- Photographs.
- Hoffa, James Phillip, -- 1941-
- Little, Joan.
- Meredith, James, -- 1933- -- Photographs.
- Obama, Barack.
- Ricks, Willie.
- Thomas, Clarence, -- 1948-
- Wright, Jeremiah A., -- Jr.
- Lincoln University (Pa.) -- History.
- Mississippi Freedom Project.
- NAACP National Voter Fund Empowerment 2009 GOTV Program.
- People for the American Way.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- White Burkett Miller Center.
- Affirmative action programs.
- African American political activists.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Segregation.
- Elections -- Corrupt practices -- United States.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005.
- Political campaigns -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1968.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 2008.
- Trials (Murder) -- North Carolina.
- Virginia Civil Rights Memorial (Richmond, Va.)
- Alabama -- Politics and government.
- Ambler (Pa.) -- History.
- Mississippi -- History.
- Penllyn (Pa.) -- History.
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History.