|提及的人：||Leo Alexander; Leo Alexander; Leo Alexander, Psychiater.; Leo Alexander; Leo Alexander|
|描述：||xiv, 386 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||1. Prologue --
2. The Austrian Jew --
3. The emigre --
4. The war crimes investigator --
5. The road to Nuremberg --
6. Constructing the doctors' trial --
7. The Nuremberg code --
8. Post-war medical ethics.
|叢書名：||St. Antony's series (Palgrave Macmillan (Firm))|
"In 1945, after the collapse of the Third Reich, Leo Alexander worked as an Allied investigator and exposed murderous medical experiments and other atrocities of the Nazi regime. His 'top secret' mission, documented in recently discovered diaries, provided the United States with evidence to prosecute 20 German doctors and three administrators for war crimes and crimes against humanity in the Nuremberg Doctors' Trial held in 1946-47. The legacy of Nuremberg was profound. In the Nuremberg Code - a landmark in the history of modern medical ethics - the judges laid down for the first time international guidelines for permissible experiments on humans. One of those who helped to formulate this code was Alexander. Ulf Schmidt's discoveries reveal how modern medicine became the subject of greater accountability. He provides insight into the origins of human rights in medical science and into the changing role of international law, ethics and politics. Schmidt argues in Justice at Nuremberg that medical suffering continued throughout the Cold War but also concludes that the legacy of Nuremberg is more relevant today than ever - that the protection of the lives, dignity and rights of humans is what really matters."--Jacket.
- Alexander, Leo, -- 1905-1985.
- Nuremberg Medical Trial, Nuremberg, Germany, 1946-1947.
- Human experimentation in medicine -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Human experimentation in medicine -- Law and legislation.
- Medical ethics -- History -- 20th century.
- Alexander, Leo, -- 1905-1985
- Medical ethics.
- Germany -- Nuremberg.
- Alexander, Leo -- Psychiater.
- Human Experimentation -- ethics -- Germany -- Biography.
- Human Experimentation -- legislation & jurisprudence -- Germany -- Biography.
- Ethics, Medical -- history -- Germany -- Biography.
- History, 20th Century -- Germany -- Biography.
- War Crimes -- legislation & jurisprudence -- Germany -- Biography.