Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Katharine Edith Brand; Ray Stannard Baker; Millicent Todd Bingham; Josephus Daniels; Arthur Stanley Link; David Morton; Ishbel Ross; Edith Bolling Galt Wilson; Woodrow Wilson; Brand family.|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Katharine Edith Brand
|Description:||5.5 linear ft. (11 boxes; oversize materials)|
The collection focuses primarily on her years as a professor at Barnard College and on her administrative responsibilities there. Also included is documentation of her involvement in professional activities, lecture notes and related documents from Baxter's student days at Barnard. At the forefront of emerging American and women's studies, her correspondence, writing, teaching, and subject files reveal the thrills and frustrations that come with advancing new disciplines, while advocating traditional, single-sex educational programs. The bulk of the papers focus on Baxter's academic career, but the collection also contains material related to her home life. Her husband James Baxter's writings, correspondence, and alumni activities are also fairly well represented. Significant correspondents include Marilyn Bender, Karen Blair, Bill Chafe, Jill Conway, Paula Fass, Estelle Freedman, Lynn Gordon, Jacqueline Hall, Eva Hansl, Iola Haverstick, Elizabeth Janeway, Linda Kerber, Lillian Schlissel, Ann Firor Scott, Barbara Sicherman, Catherine Stimson, and Barbara Welter.
- Brand, Katharine Edith.
- Baker, Ray Stannard, -- 1870-1946.
- Bingham, Millicent Todd, -- 1880-1968.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1862-1948.
- Link, Arthur Stanley.
- Morton, David, -- 1886-1957.
- Ross, Ishbel, -- 1897-1975.
- Wilson, Edith Bolling Galt, -- 1872-1961.
- Wilson, Woodrow, -- 1856-1924 -- Biography -- Sources.
- Brand family.
- Adolescence -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Archivists -- United States -- Biography -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Archives -- United States -- History.
- Family -- United States -- History -- Sources.
- Oberlin College -- History -- Sources.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography -- Sources.
- Library of Congress. -- Manuscript Division -- History -- Sources.
- Smith College -- Students -- History -- Sources.