Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Catharine Howard, Queen consort of Henry VIII King of England; Catharine Howard, Queen consort of Henry VIII King of England; Königin Katharina (England; Katharina, England Königin; consort of Henry VIII King of England / d 1542 Catharine Howard / Queen|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0749950730 9780749950736 0749950889 9780749950880|
|Description:||294 pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Joanna Denny, author of Anne Boleyn, reveals another sensational episode in Tudor history - illuminating the true character of Katherine Howard, the young girl caught up in a maelstrom of ambition and conspiracy which led to her execution for high treason while still only seventeen years old. Who was Katherine, the beautiful young aristocrat who became a bait to catch a king? Was she simply naive and innocent, a victim of her grasping family's scheming? Or was she brazen and abandoned, recklessly indulging in dissolute games with lovers in contempt of her royal position? Joanna Denny's enthralling new book once again plunges the reader into the heart of the ruthless intrigues of the Tudor court - and gives a sympathetic portrait of a beautiful young girl trapped and betrayed by her own family.|
- Catharine Howard, -- Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, -- -1542.
- Queens -- England -- Biography.
- Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547.
- Catharine Howard, -- Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, -- -1542
- Great Britain.
- Katharina (England, Königin, -- 1521-1542)
- Katharina, -- England, Königin, -- 1521-1542.
- Catharine Howard / Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England / d. 1542.
- Queens / England / Biography.
- Great Britain / History / Henry VIII, 1509-1547.