Caduto, Michael J.
Keepers of the night.
Golden, Colo. : Fulcrum Pub., ©1994
Michael J Caduto; Joseph Bruchac
|描述：||xxii, 146 pages : illustrations, map ; 26 cm|
|内容：||1. Tips and techniques for bringing this book to life : Introduction to Keepers of the Night ; Steps for using this book effectively ; Telling the stories ; Leading the guided fantasies ; Performing puppet shows ; Taking children outdoors at night ; Conducting the activities ; Plants and animals in the wild: to collect or not to collect ; Teaching racial tolerance, understanding and appreciation --
2. How the bat came to be (Anishinabe, Eastern woodland) : Nocturnal and crepuscular animals: birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish ; Nocturnal vision and sensory awareness ; Animal adaptations to life in the dark ; Nocturnal North American habitats ; Fears of the night world ; Finding your way at night --
Activities : Night by light ; Night walk ; Why animals don't go bump in the night (puppet show) ; Dark detectives --
3. Moth, the fire dancer (Paiute, Great Basin) : Insects and spiders at night ; Nocturnal and crepuscular plants ; Plant adaptations and responses to nocturnal life ; Nocturnal plant habitats ; Nocturnal interactions between insects, spiders and flowers --
Activities : The scents of attraction ; Light up the night ; The blooming night ; Cricket cacophony ; Cricket thermometer ; Firefly flashers ; The spider and the firefly ; Poetry to your ears. 4. Oot-Kwah-Tah, the seven star dancers (Onondaga, Eastern woodland) ; The creation of the moon (Diné, Southwest) : the night sky, astronomy, star gazing, constellations, planets, sun as star, moon, native moon connections, lunar eclipse and solar eclipse, Aurora Borealis, lightning and thunder, day/night cycle, seasons, nighttime weather --
Activities : Stargazing ; Creating constellations ; From the Milky Way to the zodiac ; Reading the moon ; Moon walker ; Slip the eclipse ; Daylight, night ; Weather: day and night --
5. Chipmunk and the owl sisters (Okanagan [Colville], Plateau) ; The great lacrosse game (Menominee, Eastern woodland) : Setting of the campfire and campsite, opening the circle of the fire, campfire building, storytelling around the campfire, native names, cooking native foods at campfire, native dance, native games, using your sixth sense, building a lean-to --
Activities : The campfire ; Opening the circle of the fire ; Storytelling ; Bear dance ; Fireside feast ; Native games --
6. How grizzly bear climbed the mountain (Shoshone, Great Basin) : Learning from the animals ; Animal families ; Traditional native North American families ; North American bears ; Earth family of all living things ; Healing our relationship within the family of plants and animals ; The star vision: a healing, heavenly bear ; Personal metamorphosis ; Future visions and stewardship toward plants and animals --
Activities : Journey to the star bear ; The healing circles --
Glossary and pronunciation key to native North American words, names and cultures --
Other versions of native North American stories / Joseph Bruchac.
|責任：||Michael J. Caduto and Joseph Bruchac ; story illustrations by David Kanietakeron Fadden ; chapter illustrations by Jo Levasseur and Carol Wood ; foreword by Merlin D. Tuttle.|
"2009 is the International Year of Astronomy, for which the International Astronomical Union is urging all of us to get out and look up at the sky. In other words, it's a great time to study
- Indians of North America -- Folklore.
- Nature study -- Activity programs.
- Nocturnal animals -- North America.
- Night -- Folklore.
- Indians of North America.
- Nocturnal animals.
- North America.
- Indians of North America -- Folklore
- Nature study -- Activity programs
- Night -- Folklore
- Nocturnal animals -- North America