Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||American Library Association Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013|
|Description:||261 p. ; 19 cm.|
Kirkus Review A romp of a Regency romance told through the discerning voice of a witty teenage beauty whose family needs to her to marry for money.. . . Kindl respects the conventions of the genre
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Quick, fun read
Keeping the Castle is rather like Jane Austen's Emma meets Cinderella but without any dead mothers. A beautiful but impoverished teenager makes naive, clueless attempts at matchmaking in an effort to save her family's crumbling home. Since her single-minded drive to...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Social classes -- Fiction.
- Courtship -- Fiction.
- Castles -- Fiction.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction
- Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820 -- Fiction.
- Social classes -- Juvenile fiction.
- Courtship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Castles -- Juvenile fiction.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Manners and customs.
- Social classes.
- Great Britain.