Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||American Library Association Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013|
|Description:||261 p. ; 19 cm.|
Publishers Weekly STARRED REVIEW In her first book in 10 years, Kindl (Lost in the Labyrinth) creates a sharp-witted comedy of manners set in 19th-century England that mirrors the narrative voice of
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Quick, fun read
Keeping the Castle is rather like Jane Austen's Emma meets Cinderella but without any dead mothers. A beautiful but impoverished teenager makes naive, clueless attempts at matchmaking in an effort to save her family's crumbling home. Since her single-minded drive to...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Social classes -- Fiction.
- Courtship -- Fiction.
- Castles -- Fiction.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction
- Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820 -- Fiction.
- Social classes -- Juvenile fiction.
- Courtship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Castles -- Juvenile fiction.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Manners and customs.
- Social classes.
- Great Britain.