Judy Woodruff; Roger W Wilkins; Washington Media Associates.; PBS Video.
Originally broadcast on the television series, Frontline.
Correspondent: Roger Wilkins.
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.|
|其他题名：||Frontline (Television program)|
|责任：||a Washington Media Associates Production ; produced and directed by Sherry Jones.|
Examines the Black church in America as a source of Black heritage and cultural identity, a wellspring of social and political action, and a refuge for impoverished urban blacks. Shows how two Black churches in Chicago, one with a middle class congregation and one serving the inner-city oor, balance the spiritual needs of their members with their mission of addressing the social and economic problems facing many disadvantaged Black Americans.
- African Americans -- Religion.
- African American churches -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 1975-
- Church and social problems -- United States.
- African American churches.
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
- Church and social problems.
- Illinois -- Chicago.
- United States.