|提及的人：||Kennedy family.; Kennedy (Family); Kennedy family.; Kennedy (Familie); Kennedy family.|
|描述：||260 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|内容：||Includes bibliographical references and index.|
"Drawing upon scores of interviews with people who have never spoken out before, troves of private documents, archives in Ireland and America, and private conversations with Jackie, Klein explores the underlying pattern that governs the Kennedy Curse." "The reader is treated to penetrating portraits of the Irish immigrant Patrick Kennedy; Rose Kennedy's father, "Honey Fitz"; the dynasty's founding father, Joe Kennedy, and his ill-fated daughter Kathleen; President Kennedy; accused rapist William Kennedy Smith; and the star-crossed lovers, JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bessette. Each of the seven profiles demonstrates the basic premise of this book: The Kennedy Curse is the result of the destructive collision between the Kennedys' fantasy of omnipotence - an unremitting desire to get away with things that others cannot - and the cold, hard realities of life."--BOOK JACKET.
- Kennedy family.
- Politicians -- Family relationships -- United States.
- Politicians -- United States -- Biography.
- Politicians' spouses -- United States -- Biography.
- Children of presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Kennedy (Family)
- Kennedy (Familie)
- Politicians -- United States -- Family relationships.
- Children of presidents.
- Politicians -- Family relationships.
- Politicians' spouses.
- United States.