Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Alonzo Dillard Folger; John Hamlin Folger; Stephen Crawley Hamlin; Folger family.; Hamlin family.; Reynolds family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kenneth Woltz Badgett
|Notes:||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#4692).|
|Description:||1200 items (2.0 linear ft.)|
Folger family materials include a bound memorial address for Alonzo Dillard Folger (1888-1941) of Dobson, who practiced law in Mount Airy, N.C., and served in the United States Congress, 1939-1941; three photographic portraits of John Hamlin Folger (1880-1963), also a lawyer and legislator of Mount Airy; and a photograph of the Folger house.
Hamlin family materials include photocopies of clippings relating to fiddler Stephen Crawley Hamlin (1869-1936) and copies of photographs of Dobson and of family members. Materials relating to the W.E. Reid Company, general merchants of Dobson, include photocopies of letters, bills, and receipts, chiefly from 1931; a photocopy of a 1935 employee account book; a coin offering the bearer a $1.00 discount on merchandise at the store; and a copy of a photograph, ca. 1935, of the store.
The addition of June 2001 contains research files compiled by Badgett relating to the Boy Scouts of America. Most of these materials are newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and other printed matter, 1913-2001, that broadly address the topic of the Boy Scouts and homosexuality. Also included is a file devoted to Boy Scouts and minorities and other more general materials relating to boys and scouting.
- African American boys -- Societies and clubs.
- Boy Scouts of America -- History.
- Boys -- Societies and clubs.
- Devotion (Surry County, N.C.)
- Dobson (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Fiddlers -- North Carolina.
- Folger, Alonzo Dillard, -- 1888-1941.
- Folger, John Hamlin, -- 1880-1963.
- General stores -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Hamlin, Stephen Crawley, -- 1869-1936.
- Homosexuality -- United States.
- Merchants -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Scouts (Reconnaissance) -- United States -- History.
- Surry County (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- W.E. Reid Company (Dobson, N.C.)
- Folger family.
- Hamlin family.
- Reynolds family.