Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781849200516 1849200513 9781849200523 1849200521|
|Description:||x, 222 pages ; 21 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Introducing sport psychology : The history of sport psychology ; Practising sport psychology ; Ethical issues ; Organisations, sources and resources --
2. Anxiety and stress : Anxiety and arousal ; Measuring stress and anxiety ; Pre-performance routines ; Choking under pressure ; Coping strategies --
3. Motivation and commitment : Sport participation motives ; Burnout and dropout ; Goal setting ; Fear of failure and need to achieve ; Self-determination theory ; Achievement goal theory ; Self-efficacy and perceived competence --
4. Cognitive processes in sport : Mental imagery ; Mental practice ; Attention and concentration ; Positive self-talk and thought control ; Mental toughness --
5. Social psychology of sport : Team cohesion ; Team building ; Causal attribution ; Social facilitation and social loafing ; Leadership and effective coaching ; Home advantage ; Aggression ; Fans and spectators --
6. Motor skills : Motor development ; Expertise ; Decision-making ; Practising motor skills ; Analysis and measurement of motor performance --
7. Sport and well-being : Gender issues ; Overtraining and exercise addiction ; Injury and retirement.
|Series Title:||SAGE key concepts.|
|Responsibility:||John Kremer [and others].|
I strongly recommend Key Concepts in Sport Psychology to anyone interested in learning more about the international literature in the discipline. The 37 chapters are highly accessible and provide an