Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Films for the hearing impaired
Trials, litigation, etc
|提及的人：||Clarence Earl Gideon; Louie L Wainwright; Charles Sawyer; Harry S Truman|
Robe Imbriano; Erik Todd Dellums; Dan Harris; Gavin Allen; Ben Decter; PJ Productions.; National Constitution Center (U.S.); Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands.
|语言注释：||Subtitled in English and Spanish. Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|注意：||Title from menu screen.|
|制作人员：||Editors, Sak Costanzo, Liz Mermin ; director of photography, Edward Marritz.|
|演员：||Narrator: Erik Todd Dellums ; host: Dan Harris ; music, Gavin Allen, Ben Decter.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|内容：||part 1. Creating a constitution --
part 2. One man changes the Constitution, Gideon v. Wainwright --
part 3. Checks and balances, Youngstown v. Sawyer.
|丛书名：||Sunnylands seminars., Judicial branch.|
|责任：||produced by PJ Productions ; written and produced by Robe Imbriano ; produced in association with the National Constitution Center.|
"These three 20-minute videos examine key constitutional concepts. The first explains why the nation's framers created the Constitution. The second describes the protection of individual rights by highlighting the Supreme Court case of Gideon v. Wainwright, affirming the right to an attorney. The last explores the separation of powers by examining the Supreme Court case of Youngstown v. Sawyer, a challenge to President Truman's decision to take over steel mills during the Korean War"--Container.
- United States. -- Constitution.
- Constitutional law -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Federal government -- United States.
- Constitutional conventions -- United States -- History.
- Gideon, Clarence Earl -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Wainwright, Louie L. -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Right to counsel -- United States.
- Youngstown Sheet and Tube Company -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Sawyer, Charles, -- 1887-1979 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Truman, Harry S., -- 1884-1972.
- War and emergency powers -- United States.
- Steel industry and trade -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Spanish language materials -- Videorecordings.