|注意：||Sequel to: Push.|
|描述：||373 p. ; 25 cm.|
This book is Sapphire's latest, a sequel to Push coming 15 years after its publication and one year after Precious, the film based on Push, got Academy Award attention. It is the story of Precious's son, Abdul, opening on the day of his mother's funeral. This book brings us deep into the interior life of Abdul Jones, son of Sapphire's unforgettable heroine, Precious. It is a story of survival and awakening, and of one young man's remarkable strength. We meet Abdul at age nine, on the day of his mother's funeral. Left alone to navigate in a world where love and hate sometimes hideously masquerade, forced to confront unspeakable violence, his history, and the dark corners of his own heart, Abdul claws his way toward adulthood and toward an identity he can stand behind. In a generational story that moves with the speed of thought from a Mississippi dirt farm to Harlem in its heyday; from a troubled Catholic orphanage to downtown artist's lofts, this story tells of a twenty-first-century young man's fight to find a way to the future. Intimate, terrifying, deeply alive in Abdul's journey we are witness to an artist's birth by fire. -- From publisher's web site.
- African American boys -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- African American children -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Fiction.
- African American boys.
- African Americans.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Harlem.
- books I'd like to read(48 资料)
由 ketcheverria 已更新 2013-05-16
- Celebration of African-American Fiction - African American History Month(153 资料)
由 carteretlibraries 已更新 大约一个月前
- New In Paperback: June 25-July 1(5 资料)
由 aspringer 已更新 2012-06-28
- New Bestsellers at Bishop Mueller Library(125 资料)
由 muellerlibrary 已更新 2012-02-13
- Black Women in American Culture and History(37 资料)
由 sanchezkisser 已更新 2012-02-09