Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Oliveanne Kimball-Scott; James Gilmore Scott; Ruth Tyler Varnum Scott; Fred Don Kimball; Irma Towle Kimball; Kimball family.; Scott family.; Lovell family.; Stearns, Kimball & Walker.; Kimball & Walker.; Kimball Homestead (Lovell, Me.)
|Description:||ca. 50 linear ft.|
Persons represented include Oliveanne Kimball-Scott, piano teacher and accompanist, active in civic affairs; her husband, James Gilmore Scott, Jr., band director, trombonist, and music teacher, Northborough, Mass., who served with U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II; his parents, James Gilmore Scott, Sr., accountant, and Ruth Tyler (Varnum) Scott, of Stockton, Calif.; and Oliveanne's parents: Fred Don Kimball, part owner of grocery store in Lovell, and his wife, Irma (Towle) Kimball.
Subjects include Oliveanne's acvtivities as representative for Educational Foundation for Foreign Study and involvement with UNICEF and Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra; Fryeburg Academy, Fryeburg, Me.; activities of James Gilmore Scott, Jr. and his wife as members of the art and prison reform committees of Northborough Unitarian Church, and his duties as band director of Algonquin Regional High School, staff member of a summer camp in Sweden, Me., trustee of the public library in Northborough, and member of Worcester Symphony Orchestra; Stearns, Kimball & Walker (later Kimball & Walker), the grocery store in Lovell, partially owned by Fred Kimball; and the family homestead, now a museum in Lovell, known as Kimball Homestead.
- Piano -- Instruction and study -- Massachusetts -- Northborough.
- Musical accompaniment.
- Cemeteries -- Maine -- Lovell.
- Grocery trade -- Maine -- Lovell.
- Museums -- Maine -- Lovell.
- Dwellings -- Maine -- Lovell.
- Symphony orchestras -- Massachusetts.
- Real property -- Maine -- Lovell.
- Music and youth.
- Prisons -- United States.
- World War, 1939-1945.
- United States. -- Army. -- Air Corps.
- Public libraries -- Massachusetts -- Northborough.
- Camps -- Maine -- Sweden.
- Educational Foundation for Foreign Study.
- Northborough Unitarian Church (Northborough, Mass.)
- Fryeburg Academy (Fryeburg, Me.)
- Algonquin Regional High School (Northborough, Mass.)
- Worcester Symphony Orchestra.
- Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra.