|提及的人：||Lear, King of England (Legendary character); Lear, King of England (Legendary character)|
William Shakespeare; Burton Raffel; Harold Bloom
|描述：||xxxiv, 215 pages ; 20 cm.|
|内容：||About this book --
Textual note --
Some essentials of the Shakespearean stage --
King Lear --
Essay / Harold Bloom.
|责任：||William Shakespeare ; edited, fully annotated, and introduced by Burton Raffel ; with an essay by Harold Bloom.|
Tells the story of the foolish and Job-like Lear, who divides his kingdom, as he does his affections, according to vanity and whim. Lear's failure as a father engulfs himself and his world in turmoil and tragedy. He changes from king to beggar, and finally, to man, in a pattern of loss and discovery which reflects the archetype of tragic wisdom.
- Lear, -- King of England (Legendary character) -- Drama.
- Inheritance and succession -- Drama.
- Fathers and daughters -- Drama.
- Kings and rulers -- Drama.
- Aging parents -- Drama.
- Britons -- Drama.
- Aging parents.
- Fathers and daughters.
- Inheritance and succession.
- Kings and rulers.
- Lear, -- King of England (Legendary character)