Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Schneider, Stephen Henry.
New York : BasicBooks, c1997
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Stephen Henry Schneider
|Description:||xvii, 174 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: It's a Matter of Scale --
1. The Organic and Nonliving Earth: A Dynamic Cohesion --
2. The Coevolution of Climate and Life --
3. What Causes Climate Change? --
4. Modeling Human-Induced Global Climate Change --
5. Biodiversity and the Battle of the Birds --
6. Integrated Assessments of Policy Options.
|Series Title:||Science masters series.|
|Responsibility:||Stephen H. Schneider.|
insects, soils, air, oceans, birds, trees, and people. While no honest scientist can claim to have clairvoyant vision into the twenty-first century, Schneider optimistically demonstrates that enough is already known to command our attention and to insure that the juggernaut of human impacts on Earth doesn't turn into a gamble we can't afford to lose.