Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xii, 183 s. : ill.|
|Contents:||Contents: Preface. The Other Asian: Emergence of an Identity. "No Kiss, No Money": Constructing Identities With Asian Newcomer Stereotypes. Aite and Na Mean: Constructing Identities With African American Stereotypes. From Storeowners to Minivan Drivers: Building Panethnicity With Asian American Stereotypes. "Yo, Yo, He Cambo": Dismantling Panethnicity With Asian American Stereotypes. Implications for Minority Youth in Alternative Education and Grassroots Video. Appendix: Transcription Conventions and Phonetic Symbols.|
"...truly outstanding work...Its significance goes beyond its status as a pathbreaking study of a major (yet still understudied) U.S. ethnic category. Reyes is well versed in current issues in racial
- Southeast Asian American youth -- Social conditions.
- Southeast Asian Americans -- Race identity.
- Southeast Asian Americans -- Ethnic identity.
- Stereotypes (Social psychology) -- United States -- Case studies.
- Anthropological linguistics -- United States -- Case studies.
- United States -- Race relations.
- United States -- Ethnic relations.
- Stereotype (Psychology) -- United States.
- Anthropological linguistics -- United States.