Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 v. ; . cm|
|Contents:||Contents: Preface. The Other Asian: Emergence of an Identity. "No Kiss, No Money": Constructing Identities With Asian Newcomer Stereotypes. Aite and Na Mean: Constructing Identities With African American Stereotypes. From Storeowners to Minivan Drivers: Building Panethnicity With Asian American Stereotypes. "Yo, Yo, He Cambo": Dismantling Panethnicity With Asian American Stereotypes. Implications for Minority Youth in Alternative Education and Grassroots Video. Appendix: Transcription Conventions and Phonetic Symbols.|
|Responsibility:||by Angela Reyes.|
"As the title indicates, Language, Identity, and Stereotype among Southeast Asian American Youth is a collection of identity and stereotype writings that uses an ethnographic and discourse method."
- Southeast Asian Americans -- Social conditions.
- Southeast Asian Americans -- Race identity.
- Southeast Asian Americans -- Ethnic identity.
- Stereotypes (Social psychology) -- United States.
- Anthropological linguistics -- United States.
- United States -- Race relations.
- United States -- Ethnic relations.