Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781628940879 1628940875 9781628940886 1628940883|
|Description:||xi, 153 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||1. Help! I'm tired all the time : The physical and emotional impact of having children: Mommy in the supermarket, Mommy at home, Mommy at work, Not what I bargained for, The mother-child relationship turned upside-down, The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, Nuclear fissures, The new mid-life crisis, Where's daddy?, Frustrated, frazzled and furious --
2. Honey, what's happening to us? : The impact of children on a personal relationship: Marla's story, Lisa's story, Ellen's story, Martha's story, Diana's story, Not-so-wise conventional wisdom. And baby makes three, Sleeping together, literally, Number one, Ships passing in the night, Born yesterday, I'm right; you're wrong, Stranger in our midst, They're gone!: Marital bliss and the joy of motherhood --
3. Mom's talents down the drain : The impact of children on career and livelihood: That's life, A mother of the future: almost, A mother of the past, A mother of the present: out of the workforce, Another mother of the present: out of the workforce, A mother of the present: in the workforce part-time, A mother of the present: in the workforce full-time, A mother of the present: in the workforce full-time, sort of, Hitting the baby ceiling, The loss that keeps on losing, A recipe for disaster, Motherhood as escape hatch, The choice that Isn't a choice, What's wrong with this picture?, "What's wrong with me? I don't have kids," The invisible helping hand, The ultimate guilt trip, Who's sorry now? --
4. Hey, who am I? : How motherhood limits and defines mom as a person: Helen's story: and a question, Crisis of identity, The no-return policy, who am I?, The building blocks of the family, A metaphor for the self-sacrificial mom --
5. The money pit : The financial cost of having children: Paying for love insurance, Paying the day-to-day costs, Paying for Mr. Wrong, Deep pockets, The endless money siphon, Paying for their bad choices, What not having it all really means --
6. Godzilla mom : When motherhood harms the child: The police blotter, A city story, A suburban story, A small town story, A television story, A jet-set story, A homeless story, A tabloid story, Dirty little secrets, Going it alone, That's my baby!, Unplanned parenthood --
7. Trashing our world : The environmental and human impact of having children: Ga ga over babies, Choosing human extinction, It's not just their problem, A most unpleasant question, Consider adopting, The "urge" to reproduce, It's life.