Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Deborah N Cohn
|ISBN:||9780826518040 0826518044 9780826518057 0826518052|
|Description:||xiii, 264 p. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||"Catch-28" : the McCarran-Walter immigration blacklist and Latin American writers --
PEN and the sword : Latin American writers and the 1966 Pen Club Congress --
Latin America and its literature in the U.S. university after the Cuban Revolution --
The "cold war struggle" for Latin American literature in the Center for Inter-American Relations.
Through a remarkable job of exhaustive archival research, the study reveals how the promotion of Latin American literature in the United States became entangled in political interests.--"Hispania"
- Spanish American literature -- 20th century -- Appreciation -- United States.
- Spanish American literature -- Translations into English -- History and criticism.
- Spanish American literature -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States.
- PEN (Organization) -- Influence.
- Center for Inter-American Relations -- Influence.
- Latin America -- Relations -- United States.
- United States -- Relations -- Latin America.
- Center for Inter-American Relations.
- PEN (Organization)
- Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Spanish American literature -- Appreciation.
- Spanish American literature -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Spanish American literature -- Translations into English.
- Latin America.
- United States.