Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Laura Ingalls Wilder|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Dwight M Miller; Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
|ISBN:||0761822844 9780761822844 0761822852 9780761822851|
|Notes:||"Essays in this volume originated as papers for the conference ... hosted by the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum September 25-26, 1988"--Introduction
|Description:||121 S 22 cm|
|Contents:||Chapter 1 Laura Ingalls Wilder and the American Frontier Chapter 2 Approaching Laura Ingalls Wilder: Challenge and Opportunities Chapter 3 The Frontier of the Little House Chapter 4 The Little House Books in American Culture Chapter 5 Unconscious Inheritance and Conscious Striving: Laura Ingalls Wilder and the Frontier Narrative Chapter 6 Laura Ingalls Wilder: An Elementary School Perspective Chapter 7 Afterword Chapter 8 Contributions Chapter 9 Suggestions for Further Reading Chapter 10 Index|
|Responsibility:||ed. by Dwight M. Miller|
The 'Little Houses' have much to say to us in a scholarly realm and Wilder's writing remains an invaluable key to our understanding of the American frontier of the nineteenth century. Scholars
- Wilder, Laura Ingalls, -- 1867-1957 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Children -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Children's stories, American -- History and criticism.
- Domestic fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Frontier and pioneer life in literature.
- Historical fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Women pioneers in literature.