Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Jerome Lawrence; Robert E Lee|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jerome Lawrence; Robert E Lee; Jerry Herman
|Description:||60 lf. (134 boxes)|
The collection contains early correspondence between Robert E. Lee and his family and friends during his time in school and in the army during World War II. Radio scripts from the Armed Forces Radio Service mark the beginning of Lawrence and Lee's collaboration as a writing team.
The collection is rich in its documentation of their writings through the 1960's. Included are scripts, notes and production files from their commercial radio career and the early years of Broadway. Productions included are INHERIT THE WIND, AUNTIE MAME, MAME, THE GANG'S ALL HERE, LOOK, MA, I'M DANCIN' and A CALL ON KUPRIN, to name a few. Radio programs include FAVORITE STORY, THE RAILROAD HOUR, HALLMARK PLAYHOUSE, YOUNG LOVE, THE WORLD WE'RE FIGHTING FOR and REQUEST PERFORMANCE. Television programs include THE UNEXPECTED and FAVORITE STORY. The papers also include writings done by Lawrence and Lee for speeches, lectures and seminars.
Missing from the collection is any personal correspondence belonging to Jerome Lawrence and any scripts and production materials from later plays including THE NIGHT THOREAU SPENT IN JAIL, DEAR WORLD and FIRST MONDAY IN OCTOBER, to name a few.
- Lawrence, Jerome, -- 1915-2004.
- Lee, Robert E., -- 1918-
- United States. -- Armed Forces Radio Service.
- Favorite story (Radio program)
- Favorite story (Television program)
- Unexpected (Television program)
- Hallmark playhouse (Radio program)
- Railroad hour (Radio program)
- Request performance (Radio program)
- World we're fighting for (Radio program)
- Young love (Radio program)
- Radio producers and directors.
- Radio writers.
- Television writers.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalism, Military.