Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
Ouvrages avant 1800
|Named Person:||Thomas Brown; Thomas Brown; Thomas Brown|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Brown; Edward Ward; James Drake; Bodleian Library.; Adam Matthew Digital.
|Notes:||With a special t.p. at p. : A comical view of the transactions that will happen in the cities of London or Westminster, or, The merry quack : wherein physick is rectified for both the beaus and ladies.|
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2003. (Defining gender, 1450-1910. Section I, Conduct and politeness). Reproduced from a copy in the Bodleian Library.|
|Description:||, xiv, , 192 p. ; (8vo)|
|Series Title:||Defining gender, 1450-1910., Section 1,, Conduct and politeness.|
|Other Titles:||Characters of the women of the age.|
|Responsibility:||by the late ingenious Mr. Thomas Brown. With A comical view of London and Westminster, or, The merry quack : wherein physick is rectified for both the beaus and ladies : in two parts / the first part by Mr. Tho. Brown ; the second part by Mr. Edw. Ward, author of the London-Spy, &c. To which is prefixt, The character of Mr. Tho. Brown, and his writings / written by Dr. Drake.|
- Brown, Thomas, -- 1663-1704.
- Women -- Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.
- Character sketches -- Early works to 1800.
- England -- Social life and customs -- Early works to 1800.
- Femmes -- Morale pratique -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Portraits (Littérature) -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Angleterre -- Mœurs et coutumes -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Character sketches.
- Manners and customs.
- Women -- Conduct of life.