Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edward Augustus Leigh; James Leigh; Julian Emmitt Winslow; Leigh family.; Winslow family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Leigh family.; Winslow family.
|Notes:||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#4028).|
|Description:||900 items (1.5 linear ft)|
Julian Emmitt Winslow papers include Winslow's correspondence during his 1959 and 1961 North Carolina Senate terms. Also included is some personal correspondence and material about his World War I military service. There are also many photographs and postcards dating from around World War I. These include pictures of aircraft and pilots, plane crashes, a flood, and aerial views of various locations, including Houston and Galveston, Tex.
- Leigh, Edward Augustus, -- 1825-1901.
- Leigh, James, -- 1781-1854.
- Winslow, Julian Emmitt, -- 1897-1975.
- North Carolina. -- General Assembly. -- Senate -- History -- 20th century.
- United States. -- Army. -- Air Corps -- History -- World War, 1914-1918.
- Aerial photography -- History -- 20th century.
- Air pilots, Military -- United States.
- Airplanes, Military -- United States -- Photographs.
- Estates (Law) -- North Carolina -- History -- 19th century.
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Flight training -- United States -- History.
- Mentally ill -- Commitment and detention -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Legislators -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Plantations -- North Carolina -- Perquimans County.
- Slavery -- North Carolina.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Photographs.
- Galveston (Tex.) -- Aerial photographs.
- Houston (Tex.) -- Aerial photographs.
- Land's End (Perquimans County, N.C.)
- North Carolina -- Politics and government.
- Perquimans County (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Leigh family.
- Winslow family.