Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Brendan Behan; Brendan Behan; Dion Boucicault; Elizabeth Bowen; James Henry Cousins; St John G Ervine; Chaim Grade; Ludwig Lewisohn; Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett Dunsany, Baron; Beatrice Dunsany; Morell Mackenzie; James B Pond; S C Hall, Mrs.; Maria Edgeworth; Samuel Lover|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Leonard L Milberg; Leonard L. Milberg Collection of American Poetry.; Leonard L. Milberg Irish Theater Collection.; Leonard L. Milberg Collection of Jewish American Writers.; Leonard L. Milberg Collection of Irish Prose.
|Description:||0.4 linear ft. (1 archival box)|
Presently, the collection consists of five letters written to the Yiddish poet Chaim Grade by Rabbinical leaders and scholars concerning both the literary merits of Grade's work and personal matters; an 1885 letter by the Anglo-Irish dramatist Dion Boucicault; five letters (1947-1965) by Elizabeth Bowen and a typed transcript of her 1949 BBC address on "The Mechanics of Writing"; two letters by James Henry Cousins; one postcard by Brendan Behan to James McKenna; one untitled typescript (57 pp.) of a radio play by Behan ("An Evening with Brendan Behan," 1962, in which he plays himself), signed by him; 29 letters (1904) by Ludwig Lewisohn to George Sylvester Viereck, with four accompanying short manuscripts/poems; a 1927 letter by the Irish playwright St. John Ervine; the application form of St. John Ervine for membership in The Incorporated Stage Society, completed in holograph, dated 10/12/14; a typewritten memorandum of agreement (copy) between Lord Dunsany and the J.B. Pond Lyceum Bureau, together with eight letters (1919-1920) between Lord Dunsany, his wife Beatrice, and J. B. Pond, and one letter (1890) between Pond and Morell Mackenzie; one letter by the Irish novelist Anna Maria Hall (Mrs. S.C. Hall).
The collection also includes an 8141ALS from Irish novelist Maria Edgeworth to Mr. C. Hoare, and an 1824 ALS from Irish novelists and dramatist Samuel Lover to Mr. Spooner.
- Behan, Brendan -- Correspondence.
- Behan, Brendan -- Manuscripts.
- Boucicault, Dion, -- 1820-1890 -- Correspondence.
- Bowen, Elizabeth, -- 1899-1973 -- Correspondence.
- Cousins, James Henry, -- 1873-1956 -- Correspondence.
- Ervine, St. John G. -- (St. John Greer), -- 1883-1971 -- Correspondence.
- Grade, Chaim, -- 1910-1982 -- Correspondence.
- Lewisohn, Ludwig, -- 1882-1950 -- Correspondence.
- Dunsany, Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, -- Baron, -- 1878-1957 -- Correspondence.
- Dunsany, Beatrice -- Correspondence.
- Mackenzie, Morell, -- 1837-1892 -- Correspondence.
- Pond, James B. -- (James Burton), -- 1889-1961 -- Correspondence.
- Hall, S. C., -- Mrs., -- 1800-1881 -- Correspondence.
- Edgeworth, Maria, -- 1767-1849 -- Correspondence.
- Lover, Samuel, -- 1797-1868 -- Correspondence.
- Incorporated Stage Society.
- Jewish authors -- United States -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- American literature -- Jewish authors.