|提及的人：||Leonardo, da Vinci; Leonardo, da Vinci; Leonardo, da Vinci; Leonardo, da Vinci; Leonardo, da Vinci; Leonardo, da Vinci; Leonardo, da Vinci|
Leonardo, da Vinci; Martin Clayton; Ronald Philo; Queen's Gallery (London, England)
|注意：||"This publication accompanies the Royal Collection exhibition to be shown at The Queen's Gallery, 4 May-7 October 2012"--Title page verso.|
|描述：||256 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm|
|内容：||The anatomical studies of Leonardo do Vinci --
Early anatomical and proportion studies --
Revival: The Battle of Anghiari --
The centenarian: Anatomical Manuscript B --
Neurology and the voice --
The bones and muscles: Anatomical Manuscript A --
The reproductive system --
Dogs, birds, oxen: The Villa Melzi studies --
|責任：||Martin Clayton and Ron Philo.|
This book offers 87 of Da Vinci's finest and most important studies of the human body, with full scientific and art-historical explanations and discussions. Leonardo has long been recognised as one of the great artists of the Renaissance, but he was also a pioneer in the understanding of human anatomy. He dissected more than 30 human corpses, exploring every aspect of anatomy and physiology, and recorded his findings in drawings and notes that bear witness to his astonishing insights into the subject. He intended to publish his ground-breaking work in a treatise on anatomy, and had he done so his discoveries would have transformed European knowledge of the subject. But on Leonardo's death in 1519 the drawings remained a mass of undigested material among his private papers and their significance was effectively lost to the world for almost 400 years, and were almost unknown until 1900.
- Leonardo, -- da Vinci, -- 1452-1519 -- Exhibitions.
- Royal Collection (Great Britain) -- Exhibitions.
- Leonardo, -- da Vinci, -- 1452-1519.
- Royal Collection (Great Britain)
- Leonardo -- da Vinci -- 1452-1519
- Leonardo, -- da Vinci, -- 1452-1519 -- Drawing.
- Leonardo, -- da Vinci, -- 1452-1519 -- Exhibitions -- 2012 -- London (England)
- Leonardo, -- da Vinci, -- 1452-1519 -- Museums and collections.
- Anatomy, Artistic -- Exhibitions.
- Anatomy, Artistic.
- Exhibits as Topic.