|提及的人：||Philippe Petit; Philippe Petit; Philippe Petit, funambule)|
|奖励：||National Book Award, Fiction, 2009|
|描述：||349 pages ; 25 cm|
A rich vision of the pain, loveliness, mystery, and promise of New York City in the 1970s. A radical young Irish monk struggles with his own demons as he lives among the prostitutes in the middle of the burning Bronx. A group of mothers gather in a Park Avenue apartment to mourn their sons who died in Vietnam, only to discover just how much divides them even in grief. A young artist finds herself at the scene of a hit-and-run that sends her own life careening sideways. A 38-year-old grandmother, turns tricks alongside her teenage daughter, determined not only to take care of her family but to prove her own worth. Weaving together these and other seemingly disparate lives, McCann's allegory comes alive in the voices of the city's people, unexpectedly drawn together by hope, beauty, and the "artistic crime of the century"--A mysterious tightrope walker dancing between the Twin Towers.--From publisher description.
- Immigrants -- Fiction.
- Irish -- New York (State) -- New York -- Fiction.
- Judges' spouses -- Fiction.
- Grief -- Fiction.
- Teenage mothers -- Fiction.
- Petit, Philippe, -- 1949- -- Fiction.
- Tightrope walking -- Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Nineteen seventies -- Fiction.
- Fictional Works.
- Petit, Philippe, -- 1949-
- New York, NY.
- World Trade Center (New York, N.Y.)
- Petit, Philippe, -- (1949- ... ; -- funambule)
- Fiction(138 资料)
由 RowenaDBurke 已更新 2015-03-23
- National Book Award (Fiction) since 2000(15 资料)
由 albertsons.library 已更新 2015-01-20
- Fiction(88 资料)
由 ahythloday 已更新 2015-01-15
- Library Loot | Fiction(372 资料)
由 dschander 已更新 2015-01-09
- St. Patrick Day Display Books & Movies(36 资料)
由 WakefieldPublicLibrary 已更新 2013-12-27