Manuscript waste (Binding)
|提及的人：||Alice Curteyne; Alice Curteyne; Richard Royston|
Alice Curteyne; Richard Royston; C.A. Stonehill, Inc.,; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Provenance: Acquired from Stonehill, 2 October 1980.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0167.
Former shelf-mark: MS Q. 658.80907 C94ℓ (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library).
|描述：||3 fragments of 1 leaf : paper ; 190 x 300 mm.|
|其他题名：||Oxford bookseller's order, 1650|
Three fragments of a letter, removed from the binding of a copy of Peter Heylyn's Theologia veterum of 1654 (Wing (2nd ed.), H1738). The letter is an order "[F]or mr Royston [B]ookseller att ye Angell in Ivy lane whose [?] in London" from "Mrs Curteyne" for 82 copies of 17 editions. All but one of the editions are marked off, presumably meaning they were supplied by Royston. "Mrs Curteyne" is presumably Alice Curteyne, widow of the Oxford bookseller Henry Curtyene (d. 1651); see Plomer, p. 58.
- Curteyne, Alice, -- 17th century -- Manuscripts.
- Curteyne, Alice, -- 17th century -- Correspondence.
- Royston, Richard, -- 1599-1686 -- Correspondence.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- London -- 17th century -- Sources.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- Oxford -- 17th century -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, English -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.