Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||William Bollaert; William Bollaert|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Bollaert; Roderick Impey Murchison, Sir; Edward E. Ayer Manuscript Collection (Newberry Library); Newberry Library.
|Notes:||Forms part of the Edward E. Ayer Manuscript Collection (Newberry Library).
Formerly known as Ayer MS 93a.
For more information, consult the Special Collections Info. File.
For expansion of biographical/historical note, see Ayer MS 83.
|Description:||1 item (2 p.) ; 27 cm.|
During the 1820's and 1850's Bollaert worked in Peru and travelled extensively throughout South America where he made some valuable antiquarian and ethnological studies which were later published. In view of his relevant experience and needing employment, Bollaert wrote to Murchison with the hope of obtaining a permanent position at the British Museum.
- Bollaert, William, -- 1807-1876 -- Correspondence.
- Ethnologists -- United States -- Biography.
- British Museum. -- Department of Ethnography.
- British Museum. -- Trustees.
- Museum trustees -- England -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, English -- England -- London.
- Bollaert, William, -- 1807-1876.
- Manuscripts, English.
- Museum trustees.
- England -- London.
- United States.