Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Robert Dudley, Sir; Robert Dudley, Sir; Francesco Rondinelli; Antonio Francesco Lucini; Benedetto Guerrini; Ferdinando, Grand-Duke of Tuscany|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Dudley, Sir; Benedetto Guerrini
|Language Note:||In Italian.|
|Notes:||Text of 23 lines on p. , written in a chancellry cursive in brown ink, signed "Affet[uosissi]mo servitore il Duca di Northumbria 2o"; address on p. : "Il s[igno]re Benedetto Guerrini, Secret[a]rio di Camera di SAS 2o"; folded horizontally; traces of red wax seal on p. .
Watermark: anchor within a circle, topped with a six-pointed star.
In mylar sleeve; in portfolio.
For additional information, consult the Special Collections Info File at the Newberry Library.
|Description:||1 bifolium ( p.) ; 27 x 20 cm.|
Although the Grand Duke authorized the printing more than eight months ago, only three half sheets have been printed so far. Dudley has complained constantly about the delay, and Lucini, the engraver, is now in Florence trying to find out what the problem is. Apparently, the printer blames the publisher, Francesco Rondinelli, a busy man, but also one who refuses any help with the atlas project. Dudley's friend, Evangelista Torricelli, mathematician and brilliant disciple of Galileo, has offered to help correct the proofs, but Rondinelli has refused. Dudley asks Guerrini to investigate the long delay, to talk to Lucini, and to ask the Grand Duke to expedite the project, or it will never be finished.
- Dudley, Robert, -- Sir, -- 1574-1649 -- Correspondence.
- Dudley, Robert, -- Sir, -- 1574-1649. -- Dell'arcano del mare.
- Rondinelli, Francesco, -- 1589-1665.
- Lucini, Antonio Francesco, -- 1605-
- Guerrini, Benedetto.
- Ferdinando -- II, -- Grand-Duke of Tuscany, -- 1610-1670.
- Map publishing -- Italy -- Florence -- History -- 17th century -- Sources.
- Publishers and publishing -- Italy -- Florence -- History -- 17th century -- Sources.
- Atlases, Italian -- Publishing -- Italian -- Florence -- History -- 17th century -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, Italian -- Italy -- Florence.