Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William H Echols; Armistead C Gordon; W Gordon McCabe; William M Thornton|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Wilson Cary Nicholas Randolph; McDonald Bros., Architects.
|Notes:||See also RG-31/1/2:6.681 for proposed plans.|
Subsequent to the Rotunda fire of 1895, the McDonald Bros. of Louisville, Kentucky, were initially commissioned (by a building committee of the Board of Visitors) to do the restoration work on the Rotunda.
Upon their withdrawal from the project and compensation for their services, the firm of McKim, Mead, and White of New York was employed.
- Echols, William H. -- (William Holding), -- 1859-1934.
- Gordon, Armistead C. -- (Armistead Churchill), -- 1855-1931.
- McCabe, W. Gordon -- (William Gordon), -- 1841-1920.
- Thornton, William M. -- (William Mynn), -- 1884-
- McKim, Mead & White.
- University of Virginia. -- Board of Visitors.
- University of Virginia -- Buildings.
- University of Virginia -- Fire, 1895.
- University of Virginia -- History.
- Rotunda (University of Virginia)