Trova una copia in biblioteca
Stiamo ricercando le biblioteche che possiedono questo documento…
|Persona incaricata:||Theodore Roosevelt; William M Thornton; Booker T Washington|
|Tipo documento:||Archival Material|
|Tutti gli autori / Collaboratori:||
Paul B Barringer; Paul J Pelz; University of Virginia. Chairman of the Faculty.
|Note:||Frequently faded to the point of illegibility.
Researchers should note that the chairmen, in their official roles, had little to do with the rebuildling of the Rotunda after the 1895 fire.
Frequent topics include students' academic progress, publishing of annual catalogs, newspaper advertisements, recruitment of students, and withdrawal of students for academic or disciplinary reasons.
Of interest are letters on the playing of non-student athletes (1895 November, 1896 August), off-grounds drinking (1899), typhoid fever caused by contaminated milk (1900), the decontamination of a janitor exposed to smallpox (1901), training of "colored" nurses (1901), Booker T. Washington (1901), libellous remarks by students of Gaulladet after a football game (1902), a visit by Theodore Roosevelt (1902-1903), a misunderstanding with Washington and Lee (1902), an account of city patients, chiefly African American, in the hospital (1902), football reporting in College topics (1902), publication of the Library's Lee Family letters (1903), and a football scholarship (1903).
The last chairman of the faculty, Paul B. Barringer, also served as chairman of the [hospital] building committee and there are frequent references to the building including fund-raising by William M. Thornton, and payments to the architect Paul J. Pelz.
Of interest is a copy of a 1903 promissory note bearing the embossed seal of the University and written on official stationery with a blue and orange logo conntaining a golden eagle or phoenix.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, -- 1858-1919,
- Thornton, William M. -- (William Mynn), -- 1851-1935.
- Washington, Booker T., -- 1856-1915.
- Gallaudet College -- History.
- University of Virginia. -- Chairman of the Faculty.
- University of Virginia -- Administration.
- University of Virginia -- Sports.
- University of Virginia. -- Faculty.
- University of Virginia. -- Hospital.
- University of Virginia -- Students.
- Washington and Lee University.
- African Americans -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Hospital buildings -- Virginia -- Charlottesville -- Design and construction.
- Smallpox -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Typhoid fever.