|提及的人：||Jeannette L Gilder; Paul Hamilton Hayne; Stilson Hutchins; Georgia Harrison Starke; Nora-Belle Starke|
Joel Chandler Harris
Letters of Harris to Georgia Harrison Starke and Nora-Belle Starke, sister and niece respectively of James P. Harrison, editor of the Monroe Advertiser of Forsyth, Ga., and onetime employer of Harris. The letters give accounts of the vicissitudes of Harris' career as a newspaperman and contain occasional comment on his own literary works and those of his contemporaries. In one letter he mentions that his verses "To Nora Bell" have been pronounced "very fine" by Paul Hayne. Several earlier letters, of an introspective cast, give the author's own account of his character and personality. Included also is a letter of application, probably to Stilson Hutchins of the Washington (Ga.) Post, and a note to Miss Jeannette Gilder concerning his "Plough-Hands' Song."
- Authors, American.
- Authors, American -- Correspondence.
- Gilder, Jeannette L. -- (Jeannette Leonard), -- 1849-1916.
- Hayne, Paul Hamilton, -- 1830-1886.
- Hutchins, Stilson, -- 1838-1912.
- Journalists -- Correspondence.
- Journalists -- Southern States.
- Southern States -- Intellectual life.
- Starke, Georgia Harrison.
- Starke, Nora-Belle.