Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry Mills Alden; Elizabeth Bacon Custer; Blanche Fearing; Thomas A Janvier; Rossiter Johnson; John Williamson Palmer; Virginia Penny; Charles Henry Phelps; Arthur Stedman; Mark Twain|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Rossiter Johnson; Francis F Browne; William Carey; Isaac K Funk; John Williamson Palmer; Harper & Brothers,
|Notes:||Forms part of the Clifton Waller Barrett Library.|
He also suggests that Browne write an article for his Cyclopaedia on Lillien B. Fearing and encloses a clipped entry as an example of style; notes that the printing of the Custer book is not sufficiently advanced for review; sends condolences on the death of a child noting that he has lost three or four; enquires after the author and women's career advocate Virginia Penny; hopes Southern California won't be spoiled before he gets there; and comments on the amount of work he has.
In letters to William Carey, 1891 and 1892, Johnson discusses Authors Club of New York business, including a report in conjuncton with Charles Henry Phelps and committee membership with Thomas A. Janvier and Arthur Stedman.
Johnson also writes to Harper and Brothers, 1896, regarding the reprinting of Mark Twain's "A Californian's Tale" in the new library edition of his works as it had previously appeared in the Authors Club's "Liber Scriptorum" with a guanantee that it could not be found elsewhere. He notes that Henry Mills Alden has asked the same question.
In a letter to Isaac K. Funk, 1901, Johnson praises the poems of Dr. John Williamson Palmer and in a letter to Palmer, 1903 September 10, he advises that the ballad [Ned Braddock?] be published.
- Alden, Henry Mills, -- 1836-1919,
- Custer, Elizabeth Bacon, -- 1842-1933. -- Tenting on the planis or General Custer in Kansas and Texas.
- Fearing, Blanche, -- 1863-1901.
- Janvier, Thomas A. -- (Thomas Allibone), -- 1849-1913.
- Johnson, Rossiter, -- 1840-1931.
- Palmer, John Williamson, -- 1825-1906.
- Penny, Virginia, -- 1826-
- Phelps, Charles Henry, -- 1853-1933.
- Stedman, Arthur, -- 1859-1908.
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910. -- Californian's tale.
- Authors' Club of New York.
- Cyclopaedia of American Biography.
- Dial (Chicago, Ill.)
- Journalism -- Study and teaching.