Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Stetson family; Stetson family.|
|Material Type:||Biography, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Christopher Clark; Kerry W Buckley
|Description:||x, 284 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Real community letters : a family, its correspondence, and a Utopian community / Christopher Clark --
Stetson family correspondence, 1843-1847 --
We might be happyer here : marriage, education, and conduct at the Northampton Community / Christopher Clark --
The camel and the needle : silk and the Stetson letters / Marjorie Senechal --
Coloring utopia : the African American presence in the Northampton Association of Education and Industry / Paul Gaffney.
|Responsibility:||edited by Christopher Clark and Kerry W. Buckley.|
"A wonderful collection of letters that is very well edited and introduced. The correspondence gives us a detailed view of communal life as experienced by the ordinary middle-and working-class
- Northampton Association of Education and Industry -- History.
- Northampton Association of Education and Industry -- Biography.
- Collective settlements -- Massachusetts -- History.
- Stetson family -- Correspondence.
- Northampton (Mass.) -- Northampton Association of Education and Industry.
- Stetson family.
- Northampton Association of Education and Industry.
- Collective settlements.