Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Mary Anderson; John McCormack; Bernard Shaw; Cedric Hardwicke; Neville Chamberlain; Adolf Hitler; Franklin D Roosevelt; Eleanor Roosevelt|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles L Wagner; Mary Anderson
|Description:||.21 lf. (1 box of material)|
Wagner, who was the manager of Irish tenor John McCormack, supplied Anderson with newspaper clippings and news updates on theatrical and musical doings in the U.S., and in return she wrote him about her friends and acquaintances, including George Bernard Shaw, Helen Hayes, John Gielgud, Cedric Hardwicke, the Charles Dickens family, Neville Chamberlain, and others. She also includes commentary on the American and European political situations, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, Adolf Hitler, and U.S. Ambassador Joseph P. Kennedy and his children. Several of the last letters, written when she was ill, were penned on Mary Anderson's behalf by family members or nurses.
- Anderson, Mary, -- 1859-1940.
- McCormack, John, -- 1884-1945.
- Shaw, Bernard, -- 1856-1950.
- Hardwicke, Cedric, -- 1893-1964.
- Chamberlain, Neville, -- 1869-1940.
- Hitler, Adolf, -- 1889-1945.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, -- 1884-1962.
- Theater -- United States.
- Theater -- England.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1919-1933.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.
- Europe -- Politics and government -- 1918-1945.