Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||John Adams; Abigail Adams; Abigail Adams; John Adams|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Adams; Abigail Adams; Frank Shuffelton
|Notes:||Originally published: Familiar letters of John Adams and his wife Abigail Adams, during the Revolution. New York : Hurd and Houghton, 1876.|
|Description:||xxxvi, 473 pages ; 20 cm|
|Other Titles:||Familiar letters of John Adams and his wife Abigail Adams, during the Revolution|
|Responsibility:||edited with an introduction and notes by Frank Shuffelton.|
Their discussions range from shared concerns about smallpox and British warships to lively exchanges about raising children, paying taxes, the state of women, and the emerging concepts of American democracy. Overall, these missives provide an unparalleled exploration of the seeds of American life and government."--Jacket.
- Adams, John, -- 1735-1826 -- Correspondence.
- Adams, Abigail, -- 1744-1818 -- Correspondence.
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Presidents' spouses -- United States -- Correspondence.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources.
- Adams, Abigail, -- 1744-1818
- Adams, John, -- 1735-1826
- Presidents' spouses.
- United States.