Zoeken naar een in de bibliotheek beschikbaar exemplaar
Bibliotheken met dit item worden gezocht…
|Genoemd persoon:||Jérôme Bonaparte, King of Westphalia; Andrew Johnson; James Madison; George Augustine Washington|
|Alle auteurs / medewerkers:||
Henry Clay; Jefferson Davis; Benjamin Coates; A J Cotton; Timothy Dwight; Andrew Jackson; Thomas Jefferson; J K Kyle, Mrs.; Frances Bassett Washington Lear; Robert E Lee; Robert R Livingston; Franklin Pierce; John Taylor; John Tyler; Daniel Ullman; George Washington
|Mededeling reproductie:||Microfilm, Manuscripts Division reel #M-517. Charlottesville, Va.|
Other letters reprinted include one, 10 June 1802, from Thomas Jefferson, Washington, D.C., to Robert R. Livingston, regarding the marriage of Jerome Bonaparte in Baltimore, Md.; as well as letters, September 1805, between John Taylor of Caroline and Timothy Dwight, New Haven, regarding Yale College and Southern students there.
The reprints also include a letter, 20 March 1840, from John Tyler, Williamsburg, Va., to Whig members of the New York state legislature, regarding Whig politics; a letter, 29 September 1841, from Andrew Jackson, Nashville, Tenn., to A.J. Cotton, Dearborn County, Ind., regarding his old age and infirmity; and three letters, 1844-1848, from Henry Clay, Ashland, Ky., regarding secession and the qualities of leadership, and speculating on his loss of the Whig nomination in 1848.
The reprints also include two letters, 1851, from Henry Clay to Daniel Ullman, regarding secession; two letters, 1851, from Henry Clay to Benjamin Coates, regarding the independence of and the United States' diplomatic relations with Liberia; a letter, 31 August 1857, from John Tyler, regarding the slave-trade; and letter, 22 April 1866, from Jefferson Davis, thanking Mrs. J.K. Kyle of Fayetteville, N.C. for a check sent to Davis.
The reprints also include a letter, 25 January 1867, from Robert E. Lee, Lexington, Va., expressing his thanks for a gift of a pair of gamecocks; and a letter, 22 April 1868, from Franklin Pierce, Concord, N.H., regarding Andrew Johnson and U.S. politics during Reconstruction.
- Jérôme Bonaparte, -- King of Westphalia, -- 1784-1860 -- Marriage.
- Johnson, Andrew, -- 1808-1875.
- Madison, James, -- 1751-1836.
- Washington, George Augustine, -- 1763-1793.
- New York (State). -- Legislature.
- Whig Party (N.Y.)
- Whig Party (U.S.)
- Yale College (1718-1887) -- History -- 19th century.
- Chicago tribune.
- New York herald and tribune.
- New York times.
- Baltimore (Md.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Game fowl.
- Liberia -- History -- 1847-1944.
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate)
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1848.
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- Secession -- Southern States.
- Slave trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1865.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1865-1869.