Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry Clay; Benjamin Coates; A J Cotton; Jefferson Davis; Timothy Dwight; Andrew Jackson; Thomas Jefferson; Jérôme Bonaparte, King of Westphalia; Andrew Johnson; J K Kyle, Mrs.; Frances Bassett Washington Lear; Robert E Lee; Robert R Livingston; James Madison; Franklin Pierce; John Taylor; John Tyler; Daniel Ullman; George Washington; George Augustine Washington|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|Reproduction Notes:||Microfilm, Mansucripts Division microfilm reel #M-517. Charlottesville, Va.|
Also include letter, 10 June 1802, from Thomas Jefferson, Washington, D.C., to Robert R. Livingston, regarding the marriage of Jerome Bonaparte in Baltimore, Md.; and letters, September 1805, between John Taylor, Caroline County, Va., and Timothy Dwight, New Haven, Conn., regarding Yale College and Southern students there.
Also include letter, 20 March 1840, from John Tyler, Williamsburg, Va., to Whig members of the New York state legislature, regarding Whig politics; letter, 29 September 1841, from Andrew Jackson, Nashville, Tenn., to A.J. Cotton, Dearborn County, Ind., regarding his old age and infirmity; and three letters, 1844-1848, from Henry Clay, Ashland, Ky., regarding secession and the qualities of leadership, and speculating on his loss of the Whig nomination in 1848.
Also include two letters, 1851, from Henry Clay to Daniel Ullman, regarding secession; two letters, 1851, from Henry Clay to Benjamin Coates, regarding the independence of and the United States' diplomatic relations with Liberia; letter, 31 August 1857, from John Tyler, regarding the slave-trade; and letter, 22 April 1866, from Jefferson Davis, thanking Mrs. J.K. Kyle of Fayetteville, N.C. for a check sent to Davis.
Also include letter, 25 January 1867, from Robert E. Lee, Lexington, Va., expressing his thanks for a gift of a pair of gamecocks; and letter, 22 April 1868, from Franklin Pierce, Concord, N.H., regarding Andrew Johnson and U.S. politics during Reconstruction.
- Clay, Henry, -- 1777-1852.
- Coates, Benjamin.
- Cotton, A. J. -- (Alfred Johnson), -- 1800-1875.
- Davis, Jefferson, -- 1808-1889.
- Dwight, Timothy, -- 1752-1817.
- Jackson, Andrew, -- 1767-1845.
- Jefferson, Thomas, -- 1743-1826.
- Jérôme Bonaparte, -- King of Westphalia, -- 1784-1860 -- Marriage.
- Johnson, Andrew, -- 1808-1875.
- Kyle, J. K., -- Mrs.
- Lear, Frances Bassett Washington.
- Lee, Robert E. -- (Robert Edward), -- 1807-1870.
- Livingston, Robert R., -- 1746-1813.
- Madison, James, -- 1751-1836.
- New York (State). -- Legislature.
- Pierce, Franklin, -- 1804-1869.
- Taylor, John, -- 1753-1824.
- Tyler, John, -- 1790-1862.
- Ullman, Daniel, -- 1810-1892.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799.
- Washington, George Augustine, -- 1763-1793.
- Whig Party (N.Y.)
- Whig Part (U.S.)
- Yale College (1718-1887) -- History -- 19th century.
- Chicago tribune.
- New York herald and tribune.
- New York times.
- Baltimore (Md.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Liberia -- History -- 1847-1944.
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate)
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1848.
- Secession -- Southern States.
- Slave trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1865.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1865-1869.