Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
F R Copper; Miriram Hilton; Olson Library.
|Notes:||Location: 1-1-3 to 5.|
|Description:||6.8 ln.ft. (17 boxes)|
Lydia M. Olson appears to have started the collection and the tradition was continued by subsequent Library Directors. The collection is valuable as it contains records providing insight on early campus life. Particularly strong are materials covering the areas of athletics, concerts, and cultural programs, conferences and workshops, day-to-day faculty and administrative matters, NMU history, McGoff Lecture Series, various professional organizations (including Interfaculty Council of the Michigan Education Association, and Upper Peninsula Education Association), student activities, and student orientation. There is also information regarding campus buildings, various events (including the U.S. Bicentennial and several Finnish Celebrations), faculty committees, lists of new and continuing faculty and staff, the John D. Pierce School, education and cost of living in Marquette, wars and military matters, summer session, and women. Of particular interest are a group of questionnaires completed by alumni regarding their experiences as students; transcripts of Miriam Hilton's oral history interviews with several NMU faculty and administrators; and a circa 1943, eleven chapter unpublished manuscripts, "History of Northern" written by F.R. Copper.
- Interfaculty Council of Michigan Colleges of Education.
- Michigan Education Association.
- Upper Peninsula Business Education Association.
- Upper Peninsula Education Association.
- Northern Michigan University -- Students.
- Northern Michigan University -- Faculty.
- John D. Pierce School (Marquette, Mich.)
- Northern Michigan University -- Alumni and alumnae.
- Northern Michigan University -- History.
- Northern Michigan University -- Buildings.
- Northern Michigan University -- Social life and customs.
- Northern Michigan University -- Administration.
- Northern Michigan University -- Students -- Conduct of life.
- Marquette (Mich.) -- Economic conditions.
- Education -- Michigan -- Marquette.
- McGoff Distinguished Lecture Series.
- Students and war -- Michigan -- History.