Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Burney; Alexander Chalmers; Adam Clarke; John Foxe; William Gifford; Lindley Murray; Robert Southey; Gilbert Wakefield; Francis Wrangham; Charles Burney; Alexander Chalmers; Adam Clarke; William Gifford; Lindley Murray; Robert Southey; Gilbert Wakefield; Francis Wrangham|
|Material Type:||Manuscript, Picture|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Book, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Frognall Dibdin; William Pickering
|Description:||2 v. : ill., ports. ; 23 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by the Rev. T. F. Dibdin,|
Other letters, 1792-1830, mostly to Wrangham, are from English literary contemporaries of Dibdin, many also pictured in illustrations, including Lindley Murray, T. J. Pettigrew, Adam Clarke, Charles Burney, Robert Southey, Alexander Chalmers, Gilbert Wakefield, William Gifford. Many letters discuss literary works and are referenced in the text by pencilled annotations. Also present is a broadside prospectus, printed by William Pickering, of John Fox's The Book of Martyrs, which was to have been edited by Dibdin.
- Burney, Charles, -- 1726-1814.
- Chalmers, Alexander, -- 1759-1834.
- Clarke, Adam, -- approximately 1762-1832.
- Foxe, John, -- 1516-1587. -- Actes and monuments.
- Gifford, William, -- 1756-1826.
- Murray, Lindley, -- 1745-1826.
- Southey, Robert, -- 1774-1843.
- Wakefield, Gilbert, -- 1756-1801.
- Wrangham, Francis, -- 1769-1842.
- Roxburghe Club.
- Best books.
- Book collecting.
- Actes and monuments (Foxe, John)