Library of Congress National Recording Preservation Plan
|材料类型：||文献, 政府刊物, 国家级的政府刊物, 互联网资源|
Brenda Nelson-Strauss; Alan Gevinson; Samuel Brylawski; Patrick Loughney; Council on Library and Information Resources,; National Recording Preservation Board (U.S.),; Library of Congress,
"This plan was written by Brenda Nelson-Strauss, Alan Gevinson, and Sam Brylawski, under the direction of Patrick Loughney"--Page v.
|描述：||1 online resource (x, 78 pages).|
|内容：||1. Building the national sound recording preservation infrastructure --
2. Blueprint for implementing preservation strategies --
3. Promoting broad public access for educational purposes --
4. Long-term national strategies
|丛书名：||CLIR publication, no. 156.|
|责任：||sponsored by the National Recording Preservation Board of the Library of Congress ; [coordinated by Brenda Nelson-Strauss].|
"The National Recording Preservation Plan has been devised to provide a blueprint to "implement a comprehensive national sound recording preservation program," as mandated in the National Recording Preservation Act of 2000. Congress specified that the program established by the Librarian of Congress under this legislation "shall ... increase accessibility of sound recordings for educational purposes." Preserved recordings can benefit the public only if they are made available for listening. Technological, institutional, and legal impediments to broadened access create daunting challenges for the national preservation effort. This plan identifies the audio field's most important preservation and access problems and offers recommendations for surmounting them."--Page 1.
- Sound recordings -- Conservation and restoration -- United States.
- Sound recordings -- Digitization -- United States.
- Digital preservation -- United States.
- Sound recording libraries -- United States.
- Sound archives -- United States.
- Copyright -- Sound recordings -- United States.
- Copyright and digital preservation -- United States.
- Fair use (Copyright) -- United States.
- National Recording Preservation Board (U.S.)