Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Lies of George W. Bush.
New York : Crown, ©2003
|Named Person:||George W Bush; George W Bush; George W Bush|
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (340 pages)|
|Contents:||Introduction : a false restoration : "Some people think it's inappropriate to draw a moral line. Not me. For our children to have the lives we want for them, they must learn to say Yes to responsibility ... Yes to honesty.: --
1. A dishonest candidate : A have been very candid about my past." --
2. A dishonest campaign : "I'm a uniter, not a divider." --
3. Sudden-death lies : "[The votes] have not only been counted, they've been counted twice." --
4. Lying in office : "this is my solemn pledge : I will work to build a single nation of justice and opportunity." --
5. Tax policy cheat : "Tax relief for everybody ... while still reducing our national debt and funding important priorities." --
6. High-octane lies : "The American people nede to have an honest assessment of [energy] issues." --
7. Hot air : "We must address the issue of global climate change." --
8. Stem cells and Star Wars : "This allows us to explore the promise and potential of stem cell research." --
9. September 11 : "We must uncover every detail and learn every lesson of September the 11th." --
10. Afghanistan : "[The] oppressed people of Afghanistan will know the generosity of America." --
11. White-collar lies : "I first got to know Ken [Lay in 1994]." --
12. Selling a war : "Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq Regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." --
13. Return of the tax policy cheat : "That sounds fair to me." --
14. In Iraq : "We'll reveal the truth." --
Conclusion : how he gets away with it (so far) : "I believe everybody should be held responsible for thier own personal behavior." --
- Bush, George W. -- (George Walker), -- 1946- -- Ethics.
- Deception -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-
- Bush, George W., -- 1946- -- Bush, George Walker.
- Bush, George W. -- (George Walker), -- 1946-
- Politics and government
- United States.