Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding)
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Twain, Mark, 1835-1910.
Life on the Mississippi.
Boston : J.R. Osgood and Co., 1883
|Named Person:||Mark Twain|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mark Twain; James R. Osgood and Company,; John Wilson and Son,; University Press (Cambridge, Mass.),
|Notes:||"Sold by subscription only."
Known variations in copies include: the presence or absence of a tail-piece of page 441 depicting Mark Twain in flames; the caption on page 443. Cf. BAL.
|Description:||624 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by Mark Twain, author of "The innocents abroad," "Roughing it," "The Prince and the Pauper," etc. ; with more than 300 illustrations.|
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910 -- Travel -- Mississippi River.
- Mississippi River -- Description and travel.
- Mississippi River Valley -- Social life and customs.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Pilots and pilotage -- Mississippi River.
- Manners and customs.
- Mississippi River.