|提及的人：||Mark Twain; Mark Twain|
|描述：||382 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.|
|丛书名：||The World's best reading|
|责任：||Mark Twain ; afterword by Lafcadio Hearn.|
This is Mark Twain's humorous and poetic evocation of the history of the river. He recounts his years as a boy during the heyday of the steamboat era, the fulfillment of his dream of becoming a steamboat pilot, and above all, his love for the river. It also records his return to the Mississippi two decades later, to a way of life that had all but passed.
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910 -- Travel -- Mississippi River.
- Mississippi River -- Description and travel.
- Mississippi River Valley -- Social life and customs.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Pilots and pilotage -- Mississippi River.
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910
- Authors, American.
- Manners and customs.
- Pilots and pilotage.
- Mississippi River.
- Mississippi River Valley.