Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"New York's East Village poets & multimedia artists of the 1960s" (list indicating members of the Light Years group): p. 622-625.
Essays by W. Terry Abbott, David Antin, Eleanor Antin, Carol Bergé, Paul Blackburn, Roberts Blossom, Kirby Condon, Philip Corner, Fielding Dawson, George Economou, Nancy Ellison, Serge Gavronsky, Carl Ginsburg, Hannah Harris, Calvin Hernton, Neil Holstein, Allen Katzman, Don Katzman, Martha King, Steve Kowit, Jackson Mac Low, Judith Malina, Robert Newman, Robert Nichols, Rochelle Owens, Margaret Randall, Jerome Rothenberg, Carolee Schneemann, Armand Schwerner, Susan Sherman, Ronald Tavel, Lorenzo Thomas, Diane Wakoski, Barry Wallenstein, Hannah Weiner, and Robert A. Wilson.
|Description:||v, 625 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Responsibility:||edited and with an introduction by Carol Bergé.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
The Scene as Poetry...
Wow, man. Like, I dig this post-beatnik pre-hippie compendium of mostly irreverant personal essays on what it was like, you know, living in the early 1960s "bohemia" of what was becoming known as the East Village of Manhattan. Let's trip out... on words and LSD and stuff. Cool, baby.
- 6 of 6 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- American poetry -- New York (State) -- New York -- History and criticism.
- East Village (New York, N.Y.) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century -- Literary collections.
- Poets, American -- Homes and haunts -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
- East Village (New York, N.Y.) -- Biography.
- American poetry.
- Intellectual life.
- Poets, American.
- Poets, American -- Homes and haunts.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- New York (State) -- New York -- East Village.