Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jayant Vishnu Narlikar
|ISBN:||0521550092 9780521550093 0521565650 9780521565653|
|Description:||xii, 217 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Why things move --
2. From the falling apple to Apollo II --
3. How strong is gravity? --
4. Fusion reactors in space --
5. Living in curved spacetime --
6. Ocean tides and gravity waves --
7. The strange world of black holes --
8. Cosmic energy machines --
9. The big bang --
10. The Universe: from simplicity to complexity --
11. Gravity and the creation of matter --
12. The many faces of gravity.
|Responsibility:||Jayant V. Narlikar.|
Effects and difficult points. The coverage is, however, comprehensive and makes no compromise with accuracy. This second edition has been brought completely up to date and expanded to include the discovery of gigantic gravitational lenses in space, the findings of the COBE satellite, the detection of MACHOs, the investigation of the very early Universe, and other new ideas in cosmology. In short, this lucid and stimulating book presents 'the lighter side' of the.
Intriguing phenomena of 'gravity' to the student and general reader.